Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Saturday 16 February 2013

Life After Questing: Day 453

It's day 453 of my life in Skyrim and questing is a side note, a thing I do when I get bored or nostalgic about 'the good old days'.  Today I am in Whiterun (I swear I never leave this town), and I am having an easy day. I'm going to help the locals where I can and see what there is in a town that, if I'm honest, I've only ever run through on quests.

It's a fairly grime day in Whiterun with rain clouds overhead so there is only one thing for it; a trip to the Bannered Mare for a spot of breakfast.  As I'm not going to be doing much today I start with something light and a nice piece of Bread and a Sweetroll.  After an unfruitful attempt at seeing if Hulda has any gossip, I decided to mingle with the drunks who are always in here day and night.  There are all pretty boring so I figure that I'll explore the markets outside and what they have to sell before I get in trouble for punching Mikael out cold.

After clearing the gold out of two of the vendors I come to Carlotta Valentia who has something for sale that I have never found in Skyrim before: Milk.  For over a year now my diet has consisted of just alcohol and it's a surprise that I can walk straight let alone fight a Dragon and win.  Now however I have something normal to drink and for some strange reason this makes me happy.

On my way to Dragonsreach I pass Heimskr and wonder to myself how the Thalmor haven't killed him yet, or at least a citizen of Whiterun for his generally annoying never-ending rants.  After getting moaned at by the old crow of a cleaner upon entering and raiding the kitchen of all the good food I realise that there is nothing else here that I've not already seen and head out to explore the rest of the town in the hope of something interesting.

The trip to the Dungeon leads to looking at empty cells (clearly no crime happening at the moment), so I head back to the market, past Belethor's General Goods store and I stop at a house.  This is a special house for it is the house of my ex-wife Ysolda.  I start to feel my love for her return which is quickly overtaken with an overwhelming sense of guilt.  I can't bring myself to enter the house even though I still carry the key around with me.  You see I didn't break off the marriage, but in a moment of rage and stupidity I took her life.  Now I see that it was a terrible thing to do and wish I could go back and change it but I can't (and there is only so much necromancy can do).

Filled with regret and sadness I decide that there is only one thing left to do with the rest of my day; return to the Bannered Mare, buy loads of alcohol and get smashed at home with my companion Gregor.

For a day that was meant to be a good easy one, it turned out to be a pretty crappy one.  The only way it could get worse is if Gregor takes advantage of me while drunk.  But I suppose if it's been this long since she died then I shouldn't complain about a little action wherever it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

This blog is the personal news, reviews and opinions of the Author. All images/video used on this site are sourced via Google & YouTube, are not owned by the authors & are property of their respective owners.