Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Thursday 17 January 2013

Another One Bites the Dust

In the past few days we've had HMV going under and then BlockBusters the next day.  I've already wrote a post on HMV so I wanted to concentrate on BlockBusters, and if you don't know what BlockBusters is then  you are too young and should go out more.

I'm not at all shocked to see Blockbusters go under because it was, and has been for ages now, a dying store.  I personally can't recall the last time I rented anything from a store or anyone I know for that matter.  Video rental stores are more or less obsolete now we live in a world where you can download/stream virtually any movie off the internet.

If there is anyone who has predicted this outcome so well then it has to be The Onion who posted this video online back in 2008. Maybe this is what will happen to Blockbusters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

This blog is the personal news, reviews and opinions of the Author. All images/video used on this site are sourced via Google & YouTube, are not owned by the authors & are property of their respective owners.