Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Monday 21 January 2013

Life After Questing: Day 442

Good day everyone, you join my story not at the beginning or even the middle but at the end of it's tale.  At a point where I am master of all the guilds, the civil war has ended (the imperials won), the Dawnguard were victorious and Alduin has been defeated.  A stage in my life where meaningful quests are hard to come by and I am attempting to live a normal life in Skyrim.  This is my tale of that life and the occurrences that happen on a day to day basis.

So my story begins on day 442; Tirdas on the 3rd of Sun's Dusk. I awaken at 6.35am in Breezehome in Whiterun, with the view to having a productive day.  You see since my questing days have all but finished I have become something of a property developer and I'm currently working on the construction of my third house.  Unfortunately though during the building I ran out of some materials which I picked yesterday, the only item I haven't got yet is lumber.  So that is my plan for the day; taking a trip to the Half-Moon Mill on my way back to my new construction 'Lakeview Manor'.

With all that in mind I head downstairs to have some breakfast, a nice simple bread and cheese combo and I'm on my way.  I leave the house at seven to find that the weather looks pretty good today; it's not bright and sunny but there are few clouds in the sky.  I already begin to feel that this is going to be a good day.  On my way out of Whiterun I stop off at the Stables to be amazed to see my horse there, I was convinced that I saw it die at the hands of some Forsworn ages ago but here he is.  Southwest is my heading and as I pass the Western Watchtower a novice from the Dawnguard starts running alongside me. After awhile I stopped to see what he wanted only to find that he was fleeing from some kind of danger.  I looked around but could see no dangerous creatures or Bandits so just assumed he'd lost his marbles and let him carry on running away from his invisible foe.

Apart from a Sabrecat trying his luck the rest of the journey was pretty uneventful and I arrived at Half-Moon Mill at 9.40 and sought out Hert to purchase my lumber.  Now I've done my time with the Dawnguard so I know a Vampire when I see one, and Hert is most definitely a vampire (the red eyes and pasty face give it away).  But I'm not here on Dawnguard business so I purchase plenty of lumber and have a little chat only to find that Hert seems like a really nice woman.  Anyway it is time to press on before I have wasted the day away and once again my horse has disappeared on me again (wish it had died now), so I head off on foot.

After finding my horse 10 minutes up the road I reached Lakeview at just after eleven and began work on the main house building straight away.  I managed to build the main house and some furniture inside to at least make it a place that I can sleep/live in whilst I build the rest.  After feeling a bit hungry & fatigued I stopped to realise that it was almost 6:30 in the evening, so I stopped for a dinner consisting of Rabbit Haunch & Potato Soup.  There was little else to do so I indulged in a few drinks of wine (is alcohol all we drink in Skyrim??), and settled down for the evening.

I'm starting to feel that Lakeview may just become my new favourite house, so what if my neighbour is a necromancer practicing her works at the bottom of the hill my house sits on.  You can't pick your neighbours they say, but you can't argue with that view.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

This blog is the personal news, reviews and opinions of the Author. All images/video used on this site are sourced via Google & YouTube, are not owned by the authors & are property of their respective owners.